AmaSing is a new Community interest company which is committed to organising and developing exciting and inspiring community projects and performances linked with singing, music and arts.
The projects and performances will develop participants confidence, self- esteem, creativity and wellbeing. The company’s activities will provide a positive benefit to a diverse range of communities from a variety of backgrounds and cultures. Participants such as students and teachers will professionally develop and acquire new creative skills, understanding, and knowledge to teach singing, music, performance and composing in the curriculum and support learning in schools and universities.
The company’s work will involve children from disadvantaged vunerable backgrounds and special needs. It will also support professional development for teachers and student teachers in developing skills and opportunities to deliver singing, music and arts in the daily school curriculum. Through the projects, community cohesion and positive relationships will be formed through singing and music bringing together children and adults working in partnership for a common goal. Projects will raise money and awareness for designated charities.
Our Community so far includes:
- Chester University – Education
- Cheshire West Primary Schools
- House of Dance
- Chester Zoo
- Matt Baker Composer
- Andrew Smith Composer
- Philip Barker Centre for Creative Learning
- Chester Catholic High School Choir VoiceBox
- Harmonix Vocal Collective
- Oliver & Co Solicitors
- Macmillan Cancer Support Charity
Primary School Choirs – Confirmed!
AmaSing concerts will be the first of this type to be performed in Chester. We are delighted to confirm that 34 amazing primary schools have signed up to be part of the incredible singing project with performances at Chester’s brand new theatre Storyhouse in early March 2018.
Through the projects, community cohesion and positive relationships will be formed through singing and music and bring together children and adults working in partnership for a common goal. Projects will raise money and awareness for designated charities. Schools in Chester and Ellesmere Port, students from The University of Chester, students from the brilliant House of Dance, fantastic, professional composers Matt Baker and Andrew Smith, The Hammond School dancers, The Catholic High School choir “Voicebox” and the talented adult vocal group “Harmonix Vocal Collective” will take part in these performances over the three days.
AmaSing will involve children from disadvantaged vunerable backgrounds and special needs. It will also support professional development for teachers and students teachers in developing skills and opportunities to deliver singing, music and arts in the daily school curriculum.
Listed below are schools taking part:
- Abbey Gate School
- Abbey Gate College Infant & Junior School
- Acresfield Primary School
- Boughton Heath Primary School
- Cherry Grove Primary School
- Chester Blue Coat C E Primary School
- Dodleston C E Primary School
- Dee Point Primary School
- Eccleston Primary School
- Guilden Sutton Primary School
- Highfield Primary School
- Hoole C E Primary School
- Kelsall Community Primary Scolhool
- Lache Primary School
- Meadows County Primary School
- Mill View Primary School
- Overleigh Primary School
- St Bernard’s Primary School
- St Clare’s Primary School
- St Luke’s Primary School
- St Martins Academy
- St Mary’s of the Angels Primary School
- St Oswalds C E Aided Primary School
- St Saviours Primary School
- St Theresa’s Primary School
- St Werburgh’s and St Columbas Primary School
- The Arches Primary School
- The Firs Primary School
- The Hammond School
- The Kings School Chester
- The Queen’s School
- The University Church Free School
- Upton Westlea Primary School
- Waverton Primary School