AmaSing projects can support your school on their journey to achieve ArtsMark and Arts Awards.
AmaSIng has become a partner with Artsmark and is working closely with Curious Minds to develop more opportunities to develop Arts in schools in Chester and surrounding areas.
Artsmark and Arts Award are the Arts Council England’s flagship programmes for schools and children and young people, supported by Curious Minds.Artsmark and Arts Award are the Arts Council England’s flagship programmes for schools and children and young people, supported by Curious Minds.
- Artsmark is the creative quality standard for schools, accredited by Arts Council England. • Artsmark provides a clear framework for teachers to plan, develop and evaluate arts, culture and creativity across the curriculum.
- Schools are supported throughout their Artsmark journey by the regional Bridge Organisation Curious Minds) providing training, advice, practical teaching resources and introductions to leading cultural organisations in your area.
- Schools are awarded Silver, Gold or Platinum, based on their achievements.
- Artsmark has a common sense application process that is light on paperwork and flexible to each school.
Arts Awards unique qualifications support young people to develop as artists and arts leaders. The programme develops their creativity, leadership and communication skills. Open to anyone aged up to 25, Arts Award embraces all interests and backgrounds. Through working towards an award young people learn to work independently, helping them to prepare for further education and employment. Arts Award motivates and celebrates young people’s artistic achievements. Young people can achieve an award through any arts, media or cultural activity, developing knowledge and understanding of their chosen art forms. Young people can choose to focus on only one art form, e.g. music, or a combination. Discover and Explore levels are appropriate for Primary aged children.
Over the three days there will be more than 1000 children performing a selection of songs. Seven of the songs are brand new and many have been specially composed for the project. Two of the songs have been written in aid of charities Young Minds Uk and Dementia UK. The children will sing songs which are supporting Chester Zoo’s Palm Oil project and a song written by Matt Baker in aid of the Refugee crisis. All songs sung will be accompanied by a brilliant professional band led by composer Andrew Smith. Alongside the concerts we will be running many different arts workshops this year for children, families, student teachers, teachers and the elderly developing skills and opportunities in music, art, dance and drama. Over the three days in March there will be an AmaSing Gallery open in the Garrat Theatre at Storyhouse exhibiting a selection of inspirational art work which will have been produced by the community in the workshops so please come and enjoy. It is sure to be another AmaSing night!!
Arts Award Discover & Explore
ARTS AWARD DISCOVER:
Arts Award Discover is an introductory award open to children and young people aged up to 25.Arts Award Discover is an introductory award open to children and young people aged up to 25.To achieve an Arts Award Discover, children and young people collect evidence in an individual arts log of their experiences of:
- Participating in arts activities
- Researching artists and their work
- Sharing their arts discoveries
ARTS AWARD EXPLORE:
Entry Level Award in the Arts (Entry 3) – Qualification number: 600/3894/9Arts Award Explore is an Entry Level (Entry 3) qualification on the Regulated Qualifications Framework (RQF) and is open to children and young people aged up to 25.To achieve an Arts Award Explore, children and young people collect evidence in an individual arts log of their experiences of:
- Actively participating in a range of arts activities including a personal response about what has inspired them about taking part
- A range of arts organisations, artists and their work
- Creativity and arts skills through making art work
- What they have enjoyed and/or achieved and their presentation of this to others